Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Forgetting paint

I keep forgetting how much I love painting when it turns out well.

I don't deal with hardship and hard work and trouble very well and in fact I like to not deal with it at all. If something is difficult I tend to give up unless I have fear hanging over me that someone will give me an even more difficult time of it if I give up (eg tutors, bosses). I grew up spoiled.

Instead of breaking up with painting for months at a time every time a difficult level comes up I should just get over it or keep trying to fix it or change tactics; do ANYTHING as long as the breaking up doesn't happen. It is so worth it.

I just wish someone would pay me to do this. Dignity aside, money is frequently an effective creative motivator.

watercolour portrait of little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment