Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bahay Kubo series: part 1

At the beginning of the year I started making what is to be 18 plates, each depicting a vegetable from the traditional Filipino song Bahay Kubo. I have not done any research into existing artwork based on this and fully accept that such inspiration could potentially already be overused, however I persisted with the idea thinking that since I was relatively new to aluminum etching, it would act as a good crash course wherein I could make lots of plates, lots of prints, lots of mistakes, and hopefully gain some level of proficiency.

***

UPDATE:
This series is now finished.

2 comments:

  1. I just ran into your shop on Etsy and luckily you posted a link to your blog. Based alone on the fact that I love this song and I am Filipina, I will buy each print as you make them and am hoping you do finish all of them in time. It doesn't help that I also happen to love your artwork!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Seems like you could even create a children's book or flip book of some sort with your lovely drawings.

    ReplyDelete